Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Graduate Students

Requirements for Incoming Graduate Students

The University is committed to ensuring the health of all students in our community. We request you complete the required vaccinations prior to arriving at the university. You are also asked to complete a brief health history. Please contact us to schedule an appointment on your arrival if you have questions about the requirements or need additional vaccinations. Requirements and a link to the student portal may be found here.

Welcome to Mental Health Services

Welcome to Mental Health Services (MHS) at Washington University in St. Louis (WUSTL). Whether you are a new graduate or professional student or ​have been at WUSTL for a while, we want to welcome you and let you know that we are here to support your academic and personal success. If you are experiencing a situational problem, a crisis or have long-standing mental health concerns, we are here to help. Our professional staff includes licensed psychologists, psychiatrists, clinical social workers, and professional counselors.

MHS understands that being a graduate/professional student presents a unique set of challenges. Often during graduate school, students report reduced access to social supports, increased concerns about finances, difficulties balancing child care, stress in marriages or committed relationships, tension in relationships with advisors, and isolation with research work. In addition, international students may find living in a new culture stressful.

Spouses or partners of full-time students are not eligible for individual counseling or psychiatric services. Spouses or partners are eligible for couples counseling if their spouse/partner has paid the Student Health and Wellness Fee.​

MHS is here to support your transition to WUSTL as well as your development and growth. Our services are confidential. Please browse through this section of the MHS website to learn about the many services available to WUSTL graduate and professional students. If you would like to schedule an initial consultation or speak to a counselor, please set up a telephone assessment through the online Student portal​.