The Student Health Services Student Portal allows students to securely communicate with providers, submit health history forms electronically, and schedule and cancel appointments online. The Student Portal is quick, easy to use, and protected by the highest website security available.
The SHS Student Portal utilizes the WUSTL Key for authentication. See the WUSTL Connect website for additional WUSTL Key information.
Health History Information
Student Health Services at the Habif Health & Wellness Center welcomes you to WUSTL! You must complete your health history, immunizations & meningitis information, and a brief family health history via the Student Health Services Student Portal by September 30th, 2013. This information is submitted through the Portal, and no physician signature is required. If you are not registered and are unable to access the Portal, please bring this information to SHS upon arrival at WUSTL.
All incoming students must provide proof of immunization for the following:
• 2 vaccines each for measles, mumps and rubella after the age of one year old. A titer may be provided in lieu of the immunizations.
• 1 tuberculosis test (PPD skin test or blood test such as T-spot or Quantiferon gold) in the past 6 months for students at high risk of tuberculosis. These tests can be performed at SHS, but ideally should be done 6 months or less before coming to school.
• High risk for tuberculosis includes: foreign born from a high-prevalence country; travel for more than 2 months to a high prevalence country; contact with active tuberculosis; HIV positive; suppressed immune system from illness or medication (e.g. organ transplant, prednisone treatment); medical conditions such as diabetes, cancer, or kidney failure; body weight 10% or more below ideal body weight; work in prison, nursing home, homeless shelter, or hospital; work in lab with mycobacteria; history of abnormal chest x-ray.
It is also suggested that students provide proof of immunization for:
• Tetanus diphtheria acellular pertussis (Tdap) immunization within the past 10 years
• Meningococcal vaccine if living in a dormitory-type setting (including a booster if initial dose was given before age 16)
• Hepatitis A and/or B vaccine
• Varicella vaccine (2 doses)
• HPV vaccine for those age 9-26
• Routine childhood immunizations including polio
• Annual influenza vaccine in the fall
Immunizations including HPV, tetanus, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, meningitis, influenza, measles, mumps and rubella are offered at Student Health Services. Please call (314) 935-6666 for more information or to schedule a nursing visit.
Using the Portal
Using the Online Scheduling is easy. Simply go to the Student Portal, enter your WUSTL Key, wait a few seconds to be authenticated, then click the link to access the Washington University in St. Louis Health Services Student Portal. You will then be able to schedule, cancel or reschedule appointments, or upload and modify your health information forms.
You can initiate communication with and receive messages from your SHS provider through the Student Portal. Log into the Portal and select ‘Messages’ to initiate communication or read your provider’s responses.
The Secure Messaging tool uses the email address that is listed in WebSTAC to contact you, so please verify your WebSTAC email to ensure you receive your notifications.
Questions or problems?
If you are having trouble using the Student Portal, you can direct your questions or comments to Student Portal Services by filling out the Contact Us webform. Student Portal Services will then contact you as soon as possible.