Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

What to do when HHWC is closed

HHWC has a nurse line that is answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays. Please call 314-935-6666, option 1 ONLY if SHS is closed. This will connect you with a trained nurse who can help you determine what the best course of action is for your situation.

If you need emergent or urgent care and are on-campus call Campus Police at 314-935-5555 and if you are off-campus dial 911 for assistance to the nearest emergency room.

Students on campus, or living close to campus, should seek care at Barnes-Jewish Hospital on Kingshighway. BJC Hospital’s phone number is 314-362-5000. This is considered an in-network provider under the student health insurance plan and also connects you with Washington University Physicians, also in the plan, to provide the highest quality care available in the area. Students living away from campus should try to seek care at either BJC or any BJC entity, such as Missouri Baptist Hospital or Barnes West County in the west corridor and Christian Hospital in the north corridor. Barnes St. Peters is available for students living in the St. Charles County area.

Emergent and Urgent care can be expensive and you need to understand that costs will be incurred. You are responsible for deductibles and co-insurance under the student health insurance plan for care that is not provided by HHWC.

Please see the information regarding What to Expect When Going to the ER.​​​​